[dundee] Open source debate

gordon dunlop zubenel at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 7 21:33:23 UTC 2010

On 7 July 2010 14:50, Holford-Lovell, Donna
<d.holford-lovell at abertay.ac.uk>wrote:

>  Dear All
>
> I am becoming consumed by NEoN – a digital arts festival that is happening
> across Dundee in October/November – its a good thing though.
>
> As part of the festival I am organising a series of debates – one on
> Digital Dundee (hopefully), Technology and the Museum (relating to the
> McManus) and Open Source for the Public (or the masses) or something like
> that.
>
> It would take place on Tues 26 Oct at 6pm – 8pm in a venue somewhere in
> Dundee (thinking Generator) - is there anyone or a bunch of folk up for
> helping deliver this? We would be able to cover travel expenses (within
> reason) and some material costs if necessary.

Donna,

  I think there could be a number of people on this list that could help you
here, but you would have to give more exact requirements on how you want the
debates run and in what way you want the subject material handled e.g. are
you looking for audience participation in the way of questions and answers
to a knowledgeable panel or having a panel of knowledgeable people discuss a
topical issue whilst the audience listens. I seem to be wearing my
volunteering hat this week, so put my name down. I am sure that others would
be interested in joining up if you can give an overview plan of it all and
also what, if any, technical help and requirements are needed. I hope this
helps.

gordon