[dundee] next meeting - SFD? PLS DON'T IGNORE

Axel newsletter at axelbor.de
Mon Jul 12 12:19:16 UTC 2010

Hello,

I can't make my way to the next meeting, because I'm in Germany.

Hopefully I can come back to Dundee to the SFD, but I can't promise anything.
If I can come or even not, depends from to which University I can go
to do the Master degree. I'm thinking I know more in the middle of
August.

In case I'm there, I would be glade to give a talk about Open Street
Map or PC/SC. I've talk about both topics at the Society already.
Maybe, PC/SC is to technical for the SFD, discuss it and let me know.

There are a few guys in the Society who are interested in GeoCaching.
OSM and GeoCaching are closed topics, perhaps it would be good to give
talks about both and to offer a workshop. I can done the OSM part, for
a workshop I need help from I guy with more local knowledge than I've.
But this should not be a problem.
Moreover, it's possible to use a GPS device together with kismet by
wardriving ;-) There a lot of possibilities around GPS and OpenSource
Software.

Talk about my ideas next meeting and let me know if it's interesting
for our SFD.

Have a nice meeting, drink some pints for me, and fingers crossed that
I'm at the SFD 2010 back in Dundee.

Hope see you all soon
Axel