[dundee] Dundee Mailing List

gordon dunlop zubenel at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 19 11:42:30 UTC 2011

On 19 April 2011 10:36, Arron 'Finux' Finnon <finux at finux.co.uk> wrote:

>   In danger of sounding like Swifty, i think it could be wise to look at a
> privacy policy, and maybe having to T&C's.
>
> I know it sounds crap, but they maybe a need to make sure that there is an
> accepted EULA of some sort so that someone can't say to the ICO "well i
> asked and then they told me its public", or disputing messages or blar,
> blar, blar.  I'm sure we'd be in the right, however it would be a lot easier
> to say, you accepted that the post was public, and it was to be used for
> this purposes.
>
> I have modified the "Welcome Message" for new subscribers, in addition that
Dundee is a public mailing list, all mail archives are fully accessible by
the general public. I have also modified the TayLUG home page, where I have
mentioned under the appropriate headings, that "Members are solely
responsible for the content, personal information & web links contained
within their email posts"  and "The mail archives are fully accessible by
the general public". This should be enough to cover us, a disclaimer rather
than a EULA is required here.

Gordon