[dundee] The End Of IP As We Know It - request for a talk

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 12:05:44 UTC 2011

When I was doing my dissertation there was no one in Dundee with any
decent deployments. Actually the prevailing opinion of FaTMAN
(http://www.fatman.net.uk/) was that they could just convert to NAT
and be fine, I even had to put up with a couple of internal Abertay IT
guys criticising my honours project.

Anyway, I've ran IPv6 on my own server for about two to three years
now. I've ran tunnelling for a while and have had IPv6 internally on a
few networks. Just waiting for consumer gear and an ISP that supports
it natively really.

The RIRs run out sometime in September so you know even though I and
other IPv6 enthusiasts have been saying this for a while you really
need to do something soon.

Kris

A few ISPs in the UK are looking at IPv6 by far the best is AAISP.