[dundee] Software Freedom Day 2011(update) - CALL FOR TALKS & DEMOS

Ryan Ward ry.ward91 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 22:52:03 UTC 2011

Hi all,

sorry it's taken so long to get back to you all.

Gavin I think a talk on WINE would make for an excellent demo for those
attempting to migrate to linux, i used to rely on it, i think now its just
for spotify :P

Rob - Arduinos would be awesome, i vaguely recall kris messing around with a
keyboard and a remote control car at some point last year, cant remember the
brand of the PIC tho.

as for recording i'd love it if it were possible to record the audio of the
talks. I think to do video live would be too much hassle for little reward.
As for audio I'd not really see the point of streaming it live but i do have
a shoutcast server at my expense if it's wanted.

I have made an interesting discovery that Abertay's Fresher's Week is the
11th-17th September this year. Which is before Software Freedom Day. So
there should at least be a good student turn out :P

for those on facebook it has been created as an event and can be found
here. https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=248088801876390

We'll be drafting a little article up for the uni site and allocating times
to talks fairly soon. If you have any ideas where worths posting to drop me
a line please.

so far i got the universities and the sfd website, i suppose it's about time
i signed up to the scotLUG list :P

Thanks for reading,

---

Ryan