[dundee] Software Freedom Day 2011(update) - CALL FOR TALKS & DEMOS

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Tue Jul 26 15:34:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 11:51:55PM +0100, Ryan Ward wrote:
> Rob - Arduinos would be awesome, i vaguely recall kris messing around with a
> keyboard and a remote control car at some point last year, cant remember the
> brand of the PIC tho.

I had planned on making the car controllable from twitter but that
failed (twitter changed stuff and I hadn't updated my code), I was
then using a web app to control it and Kris was trying to work some
SSH magic to make that visible on more than just my laptop.

> as for recording i'd love it if it were possible to record the audio of the
> talks. I think to do video live would be too much hassle for little reward.
> As for audio I'd not really see the point of streaming it live but i do have
> a shoutcast server at my expense if it's wanted.

Ah, where you see hassle I see an opportunity to have some fun playing
with cameras :)

I'd quite like to get something going out live (or being uploaded
somewhere shortly behind live) since SFD stuff happening all over the
place at the same time(ish) means there might be enough interest to
get a wider audience.

    Robert

Robert McWilliam     rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is
when something works, but you don't know why.  Programmers combine
theory and practice: Nothing works and we don't know why.