[dundee] ...and my FIRST computer

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 15:55:03 UTC 2011

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 15:43:07 +0000
azmodie <azmodie at gmail.com> wrote:

> think my favourite was the amiga 1200.  (also used to render Babylon
> 5) installing linux on it wasnt easy though. in 1996.

Sadly mine was sent to the attic a few months ago as it wouldn't fit in
the new TV unit and my wife was sick of the sight of it! Admittedly I
hadn't touched it in a long time but that doesn't mean I didn't want
to. I stuck Gentoo on it a few years back but didn't get too far with
that. Cross-compiling is tedious! I did mean to try NetBSD so that I
could see X running but never got around to it.

James