[dundee] ...and my FIRST computer

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 23:12:45 UTC 2011

On 7 March 2011 12:18, James Le Cuirot <chewi at aura-online.co.uk> wrote:
> And mine...
>
> http://huanysh.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/msx_basic.jpeg?w=406
>
> I got one of these, a little late, in 1989 when I was just 6. Yes,
> Microsoft snatched me from the cradle.
>
> Two years later, I had an Amiga 500. I learnt to code with AMOS BASIC
> and Amiga BASIC, the latter also written by Microsoft!

Ahhh... man I remember having loads of fun bit-blitting in Amos for
super fast graphics.

I went from the ZX spectrum 48k to the A500 to the PC...  My
neighbours had a SAM Coupe too, which was like a super-charged
spectrum, claiming spectrum compatability and better graphics.  Sadly
the spectrum compatability sucked, and the 16bit Amiga/ST killed it
completely for being vastly inferior (8bit).

It still sadens me that Commodore screwed up so badly.

R.