[dundee] Options for places to get rid of computer gear?

simon Wells siwells at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:56:19 UTC 2012

Aye. I recall. I talked with him quite a bit about it on both occasions he brought it up and tried to get Dundee Uni to sponsor a space. Alas, no luck.

You are right though, time, effort and cost all conspire against something like this and a more creative approach is required for it to work. To be honest, I wasn't really trying to re-energise that approach, as Dundee just isn't large enough to do anything sustainable. Although madlab in Manchester are doing really well, so it can work… Was more just pointing out that such a place would be the natural dumping ground for excess gear.

Simon