[dundee] hackerspaces

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at thesoftwaresociety.org.uk
Thu Mar 8 11:09:44 UTC 2012

On 6 March 2012 18:40, Gordon Gray <gordo.gray at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wandering about some of the other Scottish groups. Have we been
> in contact with any of them?
Nope. Feel free to open up lines of communication though.

>I seem to remember some talk of an
> Edinburgh visit. Is that still in the works?
There was an Edinburgh visit aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago, back when they
first opened for public visits. If folk want to go as a society then I
think that could be arranged, possibly even funded by the society -
funds allowing.

> Actually there's another one listed in Dumfries but so far it seems to
> be just a couple of people. Should we be on that list? I don't
> remember if getting a space was on the list of things we set out to do
> but it seems (to my mind) the next logical step (after Software
> Freedom Day).
I think there was some discussion of a hackerspace being formed during
the previous incarnation of the society but nothing thus far now. It
would cost a lot of money which is something the society simply
doesn't have right now. However, if folk wanted to pool resources I
would think the Board would have zero issues.

Kevin Smith
For and on behalf of
The Software Society Limited
3 Ralston Business Centre,