[dundee] Valve Linux Beta Survey

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 08:59:51 UTC 2012

My sons got me into playing Left4Dead2 which is liable to be the first native
port - nothing better than shooting a few zombies after having a day dealing
with contracts or troublesome clients. No great thought nor strategy, reminds
me of Doom and Quake. I've never managed to get anything running, other than
Total Annihilation (which is ancient) under Wine, with any real success, so I
will be interested to see what happens with a native Linux port - I note that
their (Valve's) blog points out that Left4Dead2 ran faster under Linux than
Windows and they took some of the improvements back to the Windows game (and
drivers).

--
Robert Ladyman
File-Away Limited