[dundee] Virtualisation Consultancy Work

Christopher Wyllie cgwyllie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 12:00:36 UTC 2014

Hey all,

I'm posting on behalf of my employer. We are looking for someone who has
experience with virtualisation and would be interested in consultancy work
with us to set up some VMs and teach us how to manage them.

The project would require working under a non-disclosure agreement.

What we are looking for is:

   - Advice on choosing a virtualisation platform, any trade offs etc.
   - Setting up the base environment for us
   - Showing us what steps are required to manage the setup:
      - Managing images
      - Spinning instances up/down
      - Recovering from any common problems
   - How we could deploy/manage multiple physical hosts to mirror the setup
   for redundancy

We typically work with Debian based systems, but would be happy to explore
other options for the host OS.

If it sounds interesting, or you'd like any further details, please feel
free to mail me off the list at: c.wyllie at waracle.com

Thanks,
  Chris