[dundee] Graphics cards, Firefox and Thunderbird.

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Thu Mar 20 13:55:46 UTC 2014

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 08:47:15 +0000, Paul Sutherland wrote:

> Well I wrongly presumed Firefox was also multi process like Chromium,
> as in 20 Chromium tabs is 20 processes carrying additional memory

It is something they've been talking about for a long time with
the Electrolysis project. Then they're currently rewriting Firefox
in Rust which I think will be multiprocess (to an extent at least)

> overhead.  But it does not matter as memory is being ruled out here.

Yes, but again not 1 firefox process * nr processes. Remember each
process should share quite a bit of memory.