[dundee] Graphics cards, Firefox and Thunderbird.

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Thu Mar 20 01:18:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 19:31:27 +0000 (GMT), Malcolm wrote:

[snip]

> Added as it might be relevant: I frequently have about 20 FF windows
> open at any one time.

Wait, windows! Still, I doubt another window is hugely more memory
hungry than a tab...

A simple thing to do to see if it's a memory issue is run 'vmstat 2' in
a terminal while using firefox, pay particular attention to the si/so
columns, they indicate the amount of swapping.

Post a screenshot/picture of that terminal window when the problem is
occurring. We should be able to get a pretty good idea from that.

Andrew