[dundee] Any OpenWRT afficianados around?

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 08:44:52 UTC 2014

I run plain (non-wireless) routers on the head-end with an IPCOP (or PFSense)
box behind it: you can run either of the latter on any old twin-homed PC you
might have lying around. On IPCOP I have dansguardian, squid, update
accelerator, etc. From the router PC I then have one or more switches from
which I can run wireless, or you can run an additional set of networks from
the IPCOP box (a wireless one and a guest one, etc).

One advantage of this setup is that, if your router is compromised, you still
have a firewall in place. Another is that if you change either the router, or
the head-end provider (ISP) you don't have to change anything else
internally.

RJL

--
Robert Ladyman