[dundee] Slides from Last Night's Web Workshop #003

Paul Sutherland newsonthegrapevine at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 13:21:35 UTC 2015

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who came along to the Web Workshop last night - really good to see new faces.  The updated slides can be found here <https://speakerdeck.com/paulsutherland/web-workshop-mean-development>.

Apologies for the slow internet connection, once everyone started downloading the software we overloaded the wireless and the bandwidth capacity.  As you can imagine the boffins and geeks were on to it straight away.  We are looking at a few solutions, but for the next meeting we will have in place an internal cache so we only download the software once and the attendees will be served from a cache within the MakerSpace.  That will help with traffic.  We will also install more wireless access points, look at the networking equipment we have and investigate if a fibre line is feasible.

Again, any questions please get in touch - and I appreciated your honest feedback, we will take it on board and help improve the workshops going forward.

Cheers….

Paul