[dundee] Dundee Tech Talks

Paul Sutherland newsonthegrapevine at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 07:55:01 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

After 5 successful years of fortnightly talks at The Software Society, we decided to reflect on what has worked and what has not and what has changed with time.  So we decided that to ensure we keep hip and happening we should have a refresh and update the Society to reflect what we currently do.  Since we made no use of having a limited company, which had the intention of holding trips and events, we have decided to wind up the commercial entity and concentrate on the talks.

Therefore, we are moving forward with a new promotion strategy, format and we are changing the name to Dundee Tech Talks, which better reflects the content and direction that the talks have taken over the past few years.

You can find out the details on the first line up of talks on our website <https://www.dundeetechtalks.co.uk/>, and we have started a new mailing list that we invite you to join as well <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dundee-tech-talks>.  We will use this mailing list for discussing the broader topics we now cover in our talks, as well as our organisation and promotions.

Thank you to everyone who has talked and contributed to the Software Society and for those who have helped as we worked through the refresh.

As always if you have a talk in mind, please get in touch.

Finally, please spread the news far and wide.

Many Thanks

Paul

Follow: 	@dundeetechtalks
Web: 	dundeetechtalks.co.uk