[Nelug] Problem mounting removable media in Redhat 7.1

Peter Wolfendale coyote at polbox.com
Sat Nov 23 19:55:02 UTC 2002

Several things that you should do:-

Make sure that the mount points actually exist, just by going to the
/mnt/ directory and making sure they are there. If they are not there
use the mkdir command to make them.

The other thing I would advise is that if the directories are there to
check your /etc/fstab fiel to make sure that all of the options are set
right. Your cdrom entry should look something like this:

/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

If there are no entries in /etc/fstab for your device then that would
again explain the problem, they could also be wrong. If this does not
work I'm not sure what is wrong, that's just a first guess.