[Nelug] Anyone know anything about how to install an RS6000 43p 140?

Eddy Younger eddy at shofar.uklinux.net
Sat Sep 7 20:01:00 UTC 2002

Peter Wolfendale writes:
 > Hello, I've just subscribed to this list. I'm Pete and I'm from
 > Sunderland, and I've managed to get my hands on an RS6000 43p 140
 > workstation but I can't even get it to boot of any kind of install
 > media, I'm really stuck.

So what happens when you try?

Does it just not boot at all or does it boot form the disk? Are you
trying to boot the AIX install media?

I don't know RS6000 too well, but I believe they use openboot
prom(?). If I'm right about that then I (and several others) can
probably help.

Eddy.
--
"How could this be a problem in a country where we have
 Intel and Microsoft?" - Al Gore on the Y2K problem