[Nelug] Anyone know anything about how to install an RS6000 43p 140?

Eddy Younger eddy at shofar.uklinux.net
Sat Sep 7 20:13:01 UTC 2002

Peter Wolfendale writes:
 > Hello, I've just subscribed to this list. I'm Pete and I'm from
 > Sunderland, and I've managed to get my hands on an RS6000 43p 140
 > workstation but I can't even get it to boot of any kind of install
 > media, I'm really stuck.

What precisely are the steps you take from powering on the system?
Note - merely putting media in the drives a la PC is not sufficient to
cause it to boot the media - you'll need to get to the PROM monitor
prompt ("halt" from Unix should do it) then "boot cdrom" or similar to
make it boot from the cd.

Eddy.
--
"One university computer center kept a teddy bear near the help desk.
Students with mysterious bugs were required to explain them to the bear