[Nelug] Apache Webserver

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Wed Aug 20 20:40:01 UTC 2003

On 20 Aug 03, Steven (Babylon722 at EpsilonEridani.freeserve.co.uk) wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who helped with my previous request. The reason I needed
> to find if there were any files named "index.html" is that I have just
> configured Apache (running on Trustix linux) and I replaced the default
> webpage with a different index.html but whenever I try to access the site
> the old page is still displayed. If anyone can help I would be very
> gratefull as I'm tearing my hair out!

Look for the ServerRoot directive in /etc/apache/httpd.conf . This
specifies which directory is loaded when you open http://$server/ in a
browser, you should be editing the index.html in there.

--
Stephen Patterson http://www.lexx.uklinux.net http://patter.mine.nu
steve at SPAM.lexx.uklinux.net  remove SPAM to reply