[Nelug] ADSL & uklinux.net

Ian McKeag ian at pulsar.uklinux.net
Wed Dec 31 01:12:58 UTC 2003

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply.  I do have VCI & VPI set as you suggest.
After taking a long hard look at what is going on here, especially the
way my
router is shouting down the wire at BT,  I called BT's fault line ( in
Bangalore
of course) and asked for a line test.  They confirmed that there is a
fault at
their end.  They have promised to have it fixed today.

Had I had a functioning adsl connection go wrong I would have been more
confident in my diagnosis of the possible causes but when I'm setting it up
for the first time I always tend to blame myself first!

Have you a linux system connected through BT broadband?  I ask because when
I initially enquired of BT about such a possibily they were very
negative about
it.

Thanks again and a happy New Year!
Ian.