[Nelug] ADSL & uklinux.net

James Ogden james at jeo.org.uk
Wed Dec 31 08:16:53 UTC 2003

Ian McKeag wrote:

> Have you a linux system connected through BT broadband?  I ask because when
> I initially enquired of BT about such a possibily they were very
> negative about
> it.

While I don't use BT anymore, I have had a linux box at the end of a BT
ADSL link, and I know a number of people who do that currently.  BT may
not actually support it, but they don't seem to deliberately make it
difficult!

I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself.  I'm a 30 year old
professional software engineer currently living in Basingstoke, but
considering a move to Newcastle.

I've been using linux since 0.96 or something - copying slackware onto
50 floppy disks at University was a pretty high barrier to entry!  I've
currently got 2 machines regularly running linux - a 'server' running
Debian testing (at the end of a wireless broadband link), and a laptop
running Gentoo.

James