[Nelug] Reminder- NELUG meeting: 8.00pm, Durham Rowing club

Eddy Younger eddy at shofar.uklinux.net
Sun Dec 28 17:01:43 UTC 2003

Paul Hutchinson writes:
 > While I am aware that not many of you will be aware I even exist, and I
 > certainly do not think enough of myself to run the LUG; I want nothing
 > more than to see NELUG survive. Therefore I would like to put my name
 > forward as a candidate to take over running of the website.
 >
 > I guess I could also handle the mailing list, since it appears to be a
 > relativly simple job.
 >
 > Since I am unable to attend meetings myself I am sure this would be
 > getting more involved than many of you would like to see anyway.
 >
 > If any more "regulars" want the jobs, feel free.
 >
 > Hope NELUG can get through this minor glitch.

To date Paul is the only person to have volunteered to take on any of
the work/responsibilities involved in keeping the group
running. I personally would have no problem with you taking on the
website/mailing list admin duties Paul, especially as noone else has
volunteered.

It is necessary though for someone to be willing to act as a contact
point for the group, and without that it's difficult to imagine how
the LUG could continue to operate. There needs to be an email address
on the website for contact purposes, and also published in Linux
Magazine/Format etc so that interested people can get in touch.

I'm perfectly happy to hand over the website and mailing list admin to
Paul (if you're still willing to do this Paul), but my email address
will need to be removed from the website (I will begin to bounce
nelug-admin email) and a new home will need to be found for it. I will
also be contacting the Linux magazines to have my email address
removed.

I'm bound to say that the almost total lack of response to my original
email seems to indicate there is only one person who actually cares if
the LUG continues.

Discuss ?

Eddy
--
"I can't leave my kids to Microsoft. The government won't fight the battle.
 The government won't enforce the laws" - Scott McNealy