[Nelug] Mandrake 9.0 - Internet connection sharing - Shorewall firewall

Malcolm Collins malcolm at collins12.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 19:48:00 UTC 2003

Did some serious reading yesterday and today.  Lots of Google searches etc.
By the look of google, Mandrake 9 and Shorewall have had some problems.
Millions of them in the newsgroup letters to read.
Found out Shorewall when you stop it, (shorewall stop) it sets everything to
deny all unless you go in and change it.   Found out alot more about iptables
and set ups.
I have now managed to clear all (shorewall clear) the iptable settings and I
am ready to start with a blank canvas.   Fingers crossed, and feeling
happier. Sane even (NO. I do not have a scanner problem).
Going to have a play when I get the time.
Checked the /etc/resolv.conf  DNS's entered OK.  Thanks for that, it made me
check.

Thanks Jamie and Pete
When I've had a play i'll get back

Malcolm