[Nelug] Alcatel USB on BT

Alex McClement alexmacew at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 19:12:00 UTC 2003

Dear Peter Wolfendale,

	I am attempting to set up the same thing you have, a server PC that routes
my Internet connection to my home network. I have tried both Redhat 8 and
Mandrake 9.0 and cannot get Red Hat to recognise the modem and Mandrake to
dial up. I would appreciate any help you can give me in this area as i have
been trying for the past three days to get this to work. I would also like
to set up the computer to share the Internet connection, would this be easy
to do after using a script to dial the connection? I am a complete Linux
beginner, incase it wasn't obvious.

Yours Sincerely,

Alex McClement