[Nelug] Revolution OS

Eddy Younger eddy at shofar.uklinux.net
Tue Jun 3 22:49:01 UTC 2003

All,

I've received (as in, bought) a copy of the film "Revolution OS"
(http://www.revolution-os.com) on DVD, and was hoping to try to
arrange a screening at the next LUG meeting. The film for those who
havn't heard of it is a potted history of Linux and the Free Software
movement, featuring Linus, RMS, ESR, Bruce Perens and the usual
suspects. Runnning time is ~80 mins.

To do this, we'd need either a LCD projector to plug into my laptop
for that all-important big-screen experience, or a sufficiently large
TV with A/V inputs (pref. on phono's), which we could all sit around.
If anyone has access to either of the above, or alternatively knows
where we could hire a projector at a reasonable cost, could they
please get back to me if they'd be willing/able to make it available
for the evening. I can do audio, but I don't have a TV of *any* kind.

We'd also need to get the use of an alternative room in the Rowing
Club to actually show the film.

Please respond if you can help with this.

Thanks,
Eddy.
--
Slackware: for the Klingons of Computing