[Nelug] Linux on a laptop

Geof Cox geof.cox at economicpartnerships.com
Mon Apr 5 15:39:55 UTC 2004

My linux laptop was supplied by Digital Networks, but they have now
stopped supplying because of 'lack of demand'!  Having said that until I
upgraded to RH9 I had no problems with power management etc - and thanks
to Imitza Systems, the LUG - thanks to all - and Digital Networks - who
helped despite the laptop being 2 years out of warranty - the upgrade is
now all sorted out too.

There have been some reviews of american laptops in 'Linux Format' and I
notice Proteus Systems www.proteus-systems.co.uk
<http://www.proteus-systems.co.uk> are advertising Apple iBooks and
Powerbooks with Gentoo installed - but does anybody know anything about
Gentoo?  I assume Imitza's will run Mandrake - and cost a less - and
have local support!

GEOF COX