[Nelug] Samba and XP

Edward Parker edward at albany.me.uk
Sun Jan 11 09:55:28 UTC 2004

I've used XP both Home and Prof with Samba without any problems - but
this has been in a small environment without stressing anything too
much.

Have you had a look at mars_nwe or lwared? I've no experience of either
but they are set to emulate Netware servers/services to varying degrees
on Linux. If their feature set meets your need you will have minimal
reconfiguration at each client as they already presumably point to a
Netware service.

Ah, Netware..........  Take me back a year or two.