[Nelug] Hello, NELUG

Peter Whysall peter.whysall at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 4 14:30:25 UTC 2004

Hello! I'd like to introduce myself.

Although I've been living in the north east for 13 years, I've been far
too lazy to organise myself into getting involved with a local LUG.

Until now.

I'm a long-time Linux user, having started out with Slackware 3 in 1996,
moving through various Red Hat, SuSE and Mandrake versions before
settling on Debian as my distro of choice.

I'm looking forward to hopefully attending some of the LUG meetings and
will be more than happy to help people out wherever I can.

My particular areas of interest (I deny any and all accusations of
expertise :-)) are the Exim mail server and SpamAssassin, NFS, and the
GNOME 2.6 desktop environment.

It's also been rumoured that I can work BIND and MaraDNS, too.

Cheers,

Peter.

Peter Whysall || peter.whysall at ntlworld.com
The IWETHEY Project : http://z.iwethey.org