[Nelug] Meeting reminder 24th March 2004 - Durham Rowing Club

Richard Patterson richard at rp2k.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 21:29:51 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Just a reminder that the next meeting will be on Wednesday 24th March at
8:00PM in the bar at Durham Rowing Club...

The following is listed on the website as outstanding topics to cover...

    1.   Software RAID
    2.   Databases
    3.   Building and updating the Kernel
    4.   Web servers and proxies
    5.   Using the autoconf utility
    6.   3D Gaming

It would be good if we could discuss some of the above at the meeting,
maybe someone could volunteer to write some documents on them, I'll then
put them on the website.

In a previous meeting, it was highlighted that there is a lack of
"beginner's support" in the Linux world, and the suggestion was made
that we should dedicate say the first 30 minutes to helping the
beginners get to grips with Linux.

Unfortunately, I will be working away all next week, so won't be able to
attend this month. I know we have some regular attendees, so anyone new
will still be welcomed.

If possible, could someone drop me a quick email after the meeting to
let me know what was discussed?