[Nelug] Linux Newbie

Jordan Bradley jb at slackcon.org
Tue Nov 2 00:44:50 UTC 2004

Hi Chris,
I'm assuming suse installed 'grub' as your boot manager. I am a lilo user,
being a faithful slacker, so therefore am not entirely familiar with grub,
however i will give it a go.

Where did you write the boot entry to? Was it the MBR, or the superblock of
the second disk? (which i will assume to be /dev/hdb, and thus the
first /dev/hda)

Firstly, the obvious... suggest checking in the bios that your booting from
the correct disk, ie. hda. You should install grub to the MBR or superblock
of hda and add your windows disk to grub, so grub handles booting both OS's.

You could however leave hda intact and instal grub to the superblock of hdb
and change yoru boot sequence accordingly. Hope this helps a little =P
The next meet will be my first too, so should see you there =)
Regards,
-- Jordan Bradley