[Nelug] Ubuntu upgrade?

James Le Cuirot chewi at ffaura.com
Tue Apr 19 12:13:08 UTC 2005

It's definitely not possible. The only thing you can keep is your home folder so
make a backup of that and copy it onto your new system afterwards. Don't
forget the hidden files!! Any programs that you were using before should keep
their settings. Everything else has to go. Different distributions work in
wildly different ways, especially Ubuntu (which is Debian-based) and Mandrake
(which is Red Hat-based).

James