[Nelug] PCMCIA network setup for debian (with hotplug installed)

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Sun Feb 27 00:31:15 UTC 2005

I think this may be for Richard, I just remember from the last meet
needing to post this info. From a system with debian testing (Sarge)
installed.

/etc/network/interfaces
# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# This is a list of hotpluggable network interfaces.
# They will be activated automatically by the hotplug subsystem.
mapping hotplug
        script grep
        map eth0

# The primary network interface
#iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.3
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 192.168.1.1

I've not edited any other files so this much should let it
autoconfigure eth0 on pcmcia card insertion.

--
Stephen Patterson http://patter.mine.nu/
steveSPAM at .patter.mine.nu  remove SPAM to reply