[Nelug] Zen Internet problems...

Richard Patterson richard at rp2k.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 18:13:04 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I know a few people on this list use Zen Broadband...

I migrated to Zen on the 6th December last year, and since then, i have
been unable to keep a connection for more than around 60 hours - I use a
draytek vigor 2600We

I have logged a call with Zen support, who seem to just pass it to BT,
who test the line, say "Everything's fine" and pass it back to Zen.

I have replaced micro-filters, and even tried a different router
(another draytek 2600), yet the fault is still there...

A BT engineer has been out, he tested the line, and said "It's fine, SNR
is 31.5, loss is only 0.5dB, if i were installing this, you could have
any speed on offer"

Before i migrated, i could easily be connected for 500 - 1000 hours!

Has anyone else had problems with Zen?