[Nelug] fc4 on via c3 processor

Daniel Tweedy daniel_tweedy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 1 17:40:55 UTC 2005

Hi Guys,

I have a mini-itx box running fedora since fc2, however I have always
had a problem of it randomly rebooting I did fix the problem on fc2 by
means of getting the i586 kernel as suggested by the fedorafaq guide,
this did fix the problem hoever I have the problem again on fc4 tried
the same guide but getting the fc4 i586 kernal but this doesn't seem to
of fixed the problem I was doing yum update when it rebooted the last time.

Info on the redhat site does mention that it should work fine on via c3
processor but it didn't work right, had problems getting it to install
in the first place, locking up and so on.... fc2 and fc3 worked fine,
and random rebooting was fixed with a new kernel.

specs are

EPIA M10000
VIA C3 Processor
1GB RAM