[Nelug] Tool for editing EXIF data in a photograph

Ian McKeag ian at pulsar.uklinux.net
Fri Dec 15 18:27:22 UTC 2006

Hey, I didn't know there were photography buffs out there!

Digital photography/multimedia and linux don't seem to make happy
bedfellows.  I have found it difficult to put together a single system
which will capture, edit and compress digital video and convert raw
(NEF) Nikon files to TIFFs. or JPEGs.

I am running Ubuntu 6.01 which is the most unstable system I've ever
seen.  I'm using  Kino 0.9.2, Mainactor 5.5 which is not happy with
Ubuntu, for video and Ufraw (EXIF data is not stored in TIFFs),
digikam/showfoto, and Gimp for photo.  I anyone knows a better setup I
would be really pleased to hear about it.

Ian.