[Nelug] Linux hack for Linksys router and other musings

Douglas Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Wed Jun 28 07:09:47 UTC 2006

This is for Richard mostly but might be of general interest.

Linux hackers re-claim the Linksys WRT54G
http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS6352077661.html

I found it while browsing http://del.icio.us
I don't know if anyone else is trying this. It might be worth setting a
NELUG tag for anything that might be interesting to the list. Another
interesting one I came across via del.icio.us/popular recently:

      The six dumbest ways to secure a wireless LAN

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/Ou/?p=43

Hell, why is Thunderbird HTMLing (is that a verb?) my message. I've just
skimmed it but the author says that MAC address filtering is a bad idea.
Hmm...

Dougie