[Nelug] climateprediction.net

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Thu Mar 2 16:42:22 UTC 2006

Eddy Younger wrote:
> I searched for and couldn't find a team called (or containing the
> string) "NELUG" or "nelug" - so I created one (called "NELUG").
>
> Please join it if you wish: go to
>
>        http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/team.php
>
> and search for "NELUG", then do the obvious.
>
> Eddy

http://bbc.cpdn.org/team_display.php?teamid=567

I think they must be running the projects separately. The BBC is more of
a short term one designed to wind up in May with the option of carrying
on. The one you've set up is the one I recognise from some time back
when I used to run it. I have to say the 'original' project is a bit
better organised than the BBC site. I'm currently having overnight
system hangs with Windows XP (as if it needed any help) and I've a
feeling it's something to do with the BBC software I installed on it to
get the climate change project running.

I'm in two minds about it at the moment. I've just lost tbird4, my
kitchen PC, an Athlon that was fine until running the project. I saw a
note on one of the BBC message boards saying that it shouldn't be run on
a laptop (not that tbird4 was a laptop) but I'm beginning to harbour
suspicions of software that maxes out your PC 24/7. I'm now pretty sure
that it was BOINC that stuffed my old Vaio, the one I gave to Richard.

Dougie