[Nelug] Hello everybody, new member here.

George Chlapoutakis darksyn at secbible.org
Tue May 16 12:35:32 UTC 2006

Hello folks.

Since I've just subscribed, I should introduce myself.

Okay, here goes. My name is George Chlapoutakis (yes, I'm Greek), I'm
25.8 years old and I'm currently located in Sunderland. Perhaps some
may remember, back in the mists of time, a young lad who used to come
to NELUG's meetings 6 or so years ago :-).

Currently I'm working on my Research Proposal for a network-security-
related PHd I'm planning to do in the University of Sunderland,
having finished my MSc (also security-related) in the same university
something like 3 months ago.

I've been using Linux since something like 1996 and right now I've
got a lab of 4 Linux (Gentoo, SuSE, Slackware, Slackware), 2 Mac
(don't shoot!) and 1 SGI Indy (which I'm planning to install Gentoo
on) boxes. Those boxes I use to conduct network security research &
pen-testing experiments, as well as for more mundane tasks such as
file/print/backup/web/ftp servers etc.

I think that should hopefully suffice for now (and yes, I've never
been very good at introductions, lol).

I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to the meeting this evening so I
can meet you guys face to face too, so, if I do, I'll see you guys
there.

Cheers
George Chlapoutakis

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"