[Nelug] DVD drive causing linux to crash

Aleksander Helgaker aleksander.helgaker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 20:20:47 UTC 2006

I've tried installing several different distros on my computer, but so far
they have all had the same problem. They crash when I insert a cd. Any kind
of cd. Music cd, data cd, dvd, etc. I can boot from cd's and install linux,
but after that, if I insert a disk it will crash. I'm also unable to boot
live cd's. They usually only make it about half way through the loading.

I've only had this computer for a few months, maybe less. Just wondering if
anyone might know what the problem is. Reading a disk works perfectly in
Windows. I'm using a Lite-on SHW-160P6S PP90.

--
Aleksander