[Nelug] Mail Server

Scott Wilcox sc0tt at x0f.org
Sat Dec 29 19:44:50 UTC 2007

Hey Folks.

At present I'm running slamd64, which runs very well. For the mail side
of things, I'm running sendmail for SMTP, and slacks inbuilt POP3d for
retrieving mail. For IMAP, I use the standard IMAP server that comes too
(I'm pretty sure its just stock slack stuff across the board).

I'd like to switch to using mail software that would allow virtual
accounts, a decent imap integration and is pretty customisable (i get
bored often!). It needs to be current, open source and pretty secure
(i.e., not something with more holes than a woman's basketball team!).

What recommendations do you folks provide, and what do you all currently
use?

Thanks for taking the time to read. Hope Christmas went well for you
all, and Happy 2008! :)

Scott.