[Nelug] Mail Server

Jonny Lamb jonnylamb at jonnylamb.com
Sat Dec 29 20:29:10 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 19:44 +0000, Scott Wilcox wrote:
> I'd like to switch to using mail software that would allow virtual
> accounts, a decent imap integration and is pretty customisable (i get
> bored often!). It needs to be current, open source and pretty secure
> (i.e., not something with more holes than a woman's basketball team!).
>
> What recommendations do you folks provide, and what do you all currently
> use?

Exim[0] or Postfix[1]. I would recommend Exim due to its easy
integration with SpamAssassin. I currently use Postfix backed onto a
MySQL server for virtual domains -- I would migrate to Exim, but seeing
that my mail system is working fine at the moment I don't see a
migration as being worthwhile!

[0] http://www.exim.org/
[1] http://www.postfix.org/

Jonny Lamb, UK                           jonnylamb at jonnylamb.com