[Nelug] Rowing Club

Richard Patterson richard at helpquick.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 13:49:11 UTC 2007

Richard Mortimer wrote:
> All (and Richard P in particular),
>
> The rebuilding of the rowing club is progressing well and the builders
> have now confirmed that the building will be officially handed over to
> the club next monday (9th July). This doesn't mean that the building is
> finished and fully usable but it does mean that the club can start
> moving its stuff back in.
>
> I don't know if the building will be in a suitable condition for the
> July NELUG meeting but it will likely be for the August meeting worst
> case.

Excellent, I think we are ok at the library for the time being...
Assuming people know it's on.

> Next steps...the LUG (Richard P?) needs to write to Barry Hudson the
> Rowing Club Secretary and request use of the building. It would be good
> to do that this week because the club committee meets early next week.

I just remembered about this, and have emailed him... Is this sufficient?

> Richard
>
> P.S. It isn't clear at present but the LUG might be able to use the
> internet connection that the school classroom in the building gets. I've
> still got to find that out (along with the  Rowing Clubs own use of the
> connection - LEA rules and all that!)

Well, keep us informed... At least we do have internet access in the
library ;-)

Cheers,

Richard Patterson          HelpQuick Limited
Tel: 0191 2582888          Fax: 0191 6408666
Jabber chat:  richard at jabber.helpquick.co.uk
Web:     http://www.helpquick.co.uk