[Nelug] Meeting Reminder - Tuesday 16th October, 19:00 at Durham Rowing Club

Jonny Lamb jonnylamb at jonnylamb.com
Mon Oct 22 09:09:39 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 08:58 +0100, Dougie Nisbet wrote:
> Attendance at a NELUG can range from nought to 20 with all numbers in
> between. Usually there's half a dozen or so folk turn up. There's been a
> bit of reflection recently about the direction of the group and what to
> do to rekindle interest. A browse through the mailing list archive for
> the last couple of months might give you a feeling for how things are.
> It's unusual but not unknown for a complete no-show.

Ah okay. I've been subscribed to the list and reading around on the
forums for a while now.

> Where are you studying? Do you have any particular interests in Linux?
> One idea has been to have a couple of presentations or workshops rather
> than just a drinking session.

I'm studying at Durham. I'm particularly interested in Debian and help
out where I can, with an aim to become a Debian Developer in the near
future. I'm part of a fair number of open source projects, including
Bongo[0], SynCE[1], Conduit[2] and (in not very large amounts,)
GNOME[3]. Annoyingly, however, since I got to university, I've not found
time for any FOSS work, which is a huge shame..

Hope this is of interest to someone!

Regards,

[0] http://bongo-project.org/
[1] http://www.synce.org/