[Nelug] Anyone want some cheap labour this summer?

James Grabham jgrabham at googlemail.com
Mon May 12 20:32:22 UTC 2008

Erm, well,

OS wise

Ive used... DOS, Win 3.11, 95, 98, 2k, xp and Vista about 3 times,
linux wise, usually use ubuntu, but messed with Red Hat, SUSE and
arch.  (KDE, GNOME, XFCE and fluxbox)

Hardware wise

I've built 200 mhz stuff through to modern dual core, DDR2 boxes.  Ive
poked around a Compaq rack server as well.

Networking

Usually just messing with my simple Internet > router > PCs, used DHCP
and static IPs, setting up wireless etc

End user stuff
MS Office (up to 2003, never used 2007) excel, powerpoint, word,
access and publisher.
Also use OpenOffice a lot.

Ive done a bit of setting up /  fixing / general repair of
family/friends/friends of parents/ anyone else who I dont even know
who still manage to get me to do stuff for thems computers - just
drivers, defragging, OS install/setup etc.

On 5/12/08, Graham Dark <graham.dark at ncl.ac.uk> wrote:
> At 22:44 11/05/08, you wrote:
> >Well, since Im 16 this June, Im now allowed to work... *looks
> >nervous*.  Anyway, Ill probabally have nothing to do all summer, and I
> >could use the money to go towards a new lappy for college, so if
> >anyone needs a pair of hands that are willing to work at under 4 quid
> >an hour, drop me an email, or see me at the next meeting.
>

> Can you provide a brief outline of experience as I may well have
> something for the summer if you are interested.
>
> kind regards,
>
> Graham
>
> --
>
> Dr. Graham Dark                        graham.dark at ncl.ac.uk
>
> Senior Lecturer in Medical Oncology and Cancer Education
> University of Newcastle
> Northern Centre for Cancer Treatment   T: Int +44 (0)191 256 3601
> Westgate Road                          F: Int +44 (0)191 226 1170
> Newcastle-upon-Tyne NE4 6BE
>
> The Online Medical Dictionary   - http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/omd/
> The Online Education Dictionary - http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/oed/

Mr JE Grabham