[Nelug] Sharing CD-ROM over Samba on Fedora 9

Daniel Tweedy daniel.tweedy at gmail.com
Sat May 24 21:12:32 UTC 2008

Hi Tim,

That explains a I kinda assumed that was the case but wasn't really sure.

I am using that option on the file shares yes, do I not need to ? it
would be great if I could just access the box without having to enter in
the password, my windows user is called Danny and the fedora user is
called danny.

The statements you mention I did find some information regarding those,
so I am using

preexec = /bin/mount /cdrom
postexec = /bin/umount /cdrom

However in searching for the above statements in the file I notice the
comment below in the smb.con file, didn't make much sense to me tho.

# If you want to run scripts (preexec/root prexec/print command/...) please
# put them into the /var/lib/samba/scripts directory so that smbd will be
# allowed to run them.

My full config is attached, not sure if the list accepts attachements or
not tho guess will soon find out :-)