[Nelug] Sharing CD-ROM over Samba on Fedora 9

Tim tim at monkeyx.net
Mon May 26 07:53:51 UTC 2008

I have boken many Linux installs and still do now :) I now use Virtual machines a lot, as it is quicker to regress them when I am experimenting and breaking things.

As a side note if you have any iso images of the CD then you could try mounting an ISO and sharing it, as it will give you control over the names used as well.

ie
mount -t iso9660 -o loop image.iso /media/ISO

In terms of the hardware side, what happens when you right click over CD/DVD and select mount while a CD is inserted.

Other tips are try running mount all as root and check related cdrom entries in /etc/fstab (make sure you backup this file before changing it :) )