[Durham] Run for home, run as fast, as I can

Oliver Burnett-Hall olly at burnett-hall.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 11:46:01 UTC 2011

On 16 April 2011 22:22, Dougie Nisbet <dougie at highmoor.co.uk> wrote:

> I did an install of stable then had network problems when I tried to upgrade
> to testing so (reluctantly) went back to Ubuntu on out of date backups.
> Concentrates the mind on keeping good backups. Once I've got them sorted I
> intend to revisit Debian. I think I was just unlucky that my networking
> broke on stable->testing and I hadn't the time to investigate.

I'm still on stable at the moment (but thinking about upgrading to
testing to soon).  It's possible that there have been some
configuration changes between the two, but I would have thought that
these would be automatically upgraded.  If you try again and get stuck
again then let me know and I'll see if I can help.

> Anyway, talking of running, I'm out for a run round London in a few hours
> time ( http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DougieNisbet ) but might just be back
> in time for a pint on tuesday night!

That sounds far, far too energetic.  Hope it went well, and that you
can make it along tomorrow.

- olly