[Durham] Run for home, run as fast, as I can

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 21:30:43 UTC 2011

On 16/04/11 20:41, Oliver Burnett-Hall wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 13:27:04 +0100
> Dougie Nisbet<dougie at highmoor.co.uk>  wrote:
>> Might take Olly's advice and use
>> this as the opportunity to go back to Debian.
> I did mention the bit about growing a beard, didn't I?
>
> And I hope I didn't sound too zealot-like -- I was trying to explain
> why I prefer Debian to Ubuntu (because I'm more familiar with it and,
> as I don't use any of the major desktops, I don't gain anything from
> the spit'n'polish that you get in *[Uu]buntu), not imply that Debian is
> better on any absolute scale.

I did an install of stable then had network problems when I tried to
upgrade to testing so (reluctantly) went back to Ubuntu on out of date
backups. Concentrates the mind on keeping good backups. Once I've got
them sorted I intend to revisit Debian. I think I was just unlucky that
my networking broke on stable->testing and I hadn't the time to
investigate.

Anyway, talking of running, I'm out for a run round London in a few
hours time ( http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DougieNisbet ) but might
just be back in time for a pint on tuesday night!

Cheers,

Dougie